Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Rescue Mission Ōnawe Pa!

Hello everyone. How are you? This week for maths we had to make a map and find Christchurch City Central, Ōnawe Pa and Kaiapoi Pa. We also had to measure the distance from the Kaiapoi Pa to Christchurch City Central, to the Ōnawe Pa. Here is a screenshot of my map measuring. 
The distance from Kaiapoi Pa to Ōnawe Pa is 70.2km. 

The coordinates for the Kaiapoi Pa is 43.225 south, and 172.392 east. For the Ōnawe Pa it is 43.774 south, and 172.925 east.

The reason the distance is so long is because we had to go through Christchurch City Central. We also had to make it realistic, so we couldn´t be floating through the water the whole time, or climbing up and down mountains and then going through water. 


The next thing we had to do was look at a map around Christchurch and try and figure out the coordinates to places. Miss Henderson gave us a location and we had to find it and then figure out the coordinates. I worked with Tash, make sure you check out her blog too!

Thank you for reading my blog. 

Have you ever visited a Pa before?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elise
    I loved your blog! It looks like you learnt a lot!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post