Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Summer Learning Journey 2019. Activity 1

Hello. I am Elise and I am doing this thing called Summer Learning Journey. I do it in the Summer holidays so that my learning does not go down.
I have been told to bring 10 food items on a boat. It has to feed me for three weeks straight. There are no freezers or fridges on a boat so i have to pack some food that i can not cook, freeze or keep cool.
Here is my list of food that I would take on a THREE WEEK BOAT TRIP!!


  1. An Apple x10
  2. A Block Of Chocolate x1
  3. Energy Gel x4
  4. Pistachios x10
  5.  A Pack Of Salty Crackers x10
  6. A Pack Of Seaweed Crisps x8
  7. A Pack Of Dried Fruit x3
  8. A Pack Of Pretzels x4
  9. Carrots x9
  10. A Jar Of Peanut Butter x1

Thank yioiu for reading my blog post


have you ever been on a three week boat trip?

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Elise, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done for participating in the Summer Learning Journey and creating this blog post about 10 food items you would take with you if you were going on a sea voyage with no refrigerator or freezer!
    I really like how you have thought about the aspect of no fridge or freezer by having the majority of your items as non-perishable which will therefore last a long time.
    It is interesting how you have included the amount of each item you would take. Why is this?
    It is awesome to see some fruits and vegetables on you list! You definitely wouldn’t want to get scurvy while you were away at sea, so the vitamins and minerals in these would help avoid this!
    Out of all of the different foods on your list, which one is your favourite?
    What kind of meals would you make out of these ingredients?
    If I were going on this sea voyage, I would pack peanut butter as well. This is because I eat peanut butter every morning, and don’t think I could go a day without it! Plus, peanut butter is full of good, healthy fats and lasts a while before expiring.
    Keep up the excellent work!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favourite is number 10-a jar of peanut butter.

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose to do the amount of food because i thought it would be a different thing and also i just wanted to try it.

    Thank you for asking!!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post