Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

Giraffe Fun Facts

Hello. My name is Elise and today i am going to be sharing with you my slide on Giraffes for my little buddy. 

A Giraffe is my little buddy's favourite animal. 

Here is my video:
Video about giraffes

Fun Facts About Giraffes:


  1. Giraffes are the biggest mammals on earth
  2. Giraffes can run up to 35 miles an hour over short distances 
  3. A Giraffe's neck is too short to touch the ground 
  4. A Giraffe only needs to drink once every few days 
  5. Giraffes spend almost their whole lives standing up; even standing and giving birth
  6. Giraffes only need 5-30 minutes of sleep during a 24 hour period 
  7. Giraffes live up to 20-25 years old! 
  8. A Giraffe's neck alone is 6 feet, 
  9. There are only 35,000 Giraffes left in the world
So they were all my facts about Giraffes. I hope you enjoyed my Blog:).

QUESTION TIME!!!!
Whats your favourite animal?
If you favourite animal was a mythical creature what would it be?
If there was an animal that could do any trick in the world, what would it be?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elise
    Fabulous work on finding out facts for your buddy on giraffes. I did not know that giraffes had so little sleep, it's amazing they can survive on such little sleep! I wonder if there are any other animals that have as little sleep per day as a giraffe, what do you think? My favourite animal is koala bears. If it was mythical it would be great if koalas could fly to be able to move quickly when there are bush fires.
    Keep up the great work!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina,
      Thank you. i agree about the mythical koalas!! they would be even cuter with wings:).
      I also wonder if any other animals have as little sleep as giraffes. My favourite animal is a hedgehog. It would be super weird if hedgehogs had wings.
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Hi Elise,

    Loving all your facts about giraffes. Your buddy is really lucky. I am surprised that they can survive on that amount of sleep. My favourite animal is a penguin. What is your favourite animal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs Bryce!!
    Thank you so much! I love penguins! their so cute :).
    My favourite animal is a hedgehog! their adorable too.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post